The website is owned and operated by DIVERSE NETWORK ASSOCIATES, INC. a California corporation D/B/A “Catapult K12” (“CATAPULT” or the “CATAPULT”).
Personal information of all Users is important to CATAPULT. CATAPULT takes the responsibility of having User’s personal information very seriously. CATAPULT will only use personal information of Users for providing the Service and as described herein. By using the Service, each User consents to the collection and use of information in accordance with this Policy.
If we make significant changes impacting the collection, use, disclosure or retention of personal identifiable information, we will also provide notice to our customers (30) days in advance of implementing those changes by sending an email to the customer agency/institution.
PART 1: CATAPULT MAY COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
CATAPULT may collect and process the following information about each User:
- basic data on each User’s name, email, address, phone numbers, gender, zip code or county;
- access and log in data connected to accessing the Site; (c) tracking inquiries and other data related to a User’s account;
- summarizing and keeping details of transactions of each User; (e) keeping records of communications made by Users on the Site;
- information related to User IP and other access data or general geo-location and/or other data; and
- all other data and analytics for Users’ use of the Site and Services of every nature and kind as relayed to us from Users on this Service.
PART 2: CATAPULT USE OF PERSONAL DATA
CATAPULT may use personal information provided by, or gathered on Users as follows:
- to provide secured access to the Site, such as to identify a User when accessing the Website;
- to enable Users to use the Services of CATAPULT;
- to use geographical data, GPS coordinates and such other location devices, information or data which may be available to CATAPULT (or the other Users of the Services), and send to or from Users pertaining to locally relevant Event Notices, troubleshooting and/or updates;
- to develop statistics for internal purposes, showing patterns of User activity and all other forms of User analytics, and including data surrounding Event Notices which may be supplied to other Users, law enforcement and/or Facilities Administrators;
- to consider and critique the Services by seeking feedback from Users;
- to enable communications between Users; (h) and, for troubleshooting general; and,
PART 3: DISCLOSURE BY USER
Any personal information or content that Users voluntarily disclose in public areas of the Site becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others.
PART 4: COOKIES AND POP-UP ADS
CATAPULT reserves the right to send Users various sources and forms of notices, push-notices, “cookies” or pop-up tiles on or through the Site. These forms of communications may track User information, which may be used by CATAPULT in a number of ways to improve User experience, but will not push advertisements to Users. CATAPULT reserves the right to use the tracking and other data gained from these processes. Users have the right to disable many of these pop-ups and instructions.
PART 5: THIRD PARTIES
CATAPULT will never sell, rent, or exchange Personal Information we collect for marketing purposes or otherwise.
We may share information with third party vendors, hosting partners, and analytic companies to provide the necessary hardware, software, emailing, networking, storage, and related technology required to perform the Services. These companies are authorized to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
PART 6: LEGALLY REQUIRED AND OTHER DISCLOSURES
CATAPULT reserves the right to disclose User’s personally identifiable information as required by law and when CATAPULT believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, or in the good-faith belief that it is necessary to comply with the law. CATAPULT may disclose User information upon court order or on receipt of a subpoena.
PART 7: GENERAL PROVISIONS
- Users are responsible to keep their information up to date and current. To modify or delete the personal information you have provided to us, please log in and update your profile.
- CATAPULT may retain certain information as required by law or for necessary business purposes, but has no legal obligation to maintain records for any minimum period of time except as provided by law.
- On 30 days written request, CATAPULT will give you a copy of all the personal information about you that CATAPULT holds. This information is subject to a fee not exceeding the prescribed fee permitted by law. Fee may be charged if CATAPULT is requested to present the content in a manner that is outside of our standard reporting format.
- All base Users must be over the age of 18; provided however, that given the potentially urgent nature of emergency situations and that under-aged children may have a phone and information pertinent to an emergency event as it unfolds, children under the age of 18 may use the System for the purpose of receiving Event Notices and uploading real-time information into the System so long as the information is accurate and submitted in good faith, and CATAPULT reserves the right to suspend or terminate access from an underage User for any lawful reason or upon receiving notice for the parent or guardian that a child should not be granted access. The parent or guardian of a child shall be solely responsible for the content placed on the System by a child and shall hold CATAPULT free and harmless from any costs, claims, lawsuits, fines, attorneys’ fees and expenses which arise from the use or misuse of the System, and/or providing false or misleading information. School district gives the right to their students by including them in the reporting process or including the web-based application on their district and/or school websites.
- Information that you submit through the Service may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to provide the Service to you. For example, Site servers are in the United States. If CATAPULT transfer your information outside the EEA in this way, CATAPULT will take commercially reasonable steps to ensure that User’s privacy rights are maintained.
PART 8: CHANGE OF BUSINESS
PART 9: DATA BREACH PRACTICES
If CATAPULT knows of a systems security breach by an unauthorized party or that any user data was used for an unauthorized purpose, we will comply with relevant state and other data breach laws. We will notify our customer agency/institution of any breach resulting in unauthorized release of data electronically, at minimum, and without unreasonable delay so that you can take appropriate steps.
PART 10: ANONYMOUS BULLY REPORTING
CATAPULT makes available an Anonymous Bully Reporting tool that customer institution/agency (i.e., schools and/or school districts) may elect to place on their website for the purposes of reporting bully activity. Information collected via the reporting mechanism including the following solely for the purpose of providing the Service as describe herein:
- Where did the incident occur?
- When did it happen?
- What time did it happen?
- How many times has this situation happened?
- Have you reported this incident to an adult?
- Who was bullying, harassing, intimidating or causing harm?
- Who was the person being harmed, bullied, harassed or intimidated?
- Describe what happened. Give as much information as you can. Let us know if there were any witnesses.
- Who are you? (optional)
- What is your name? (optional)
- If you would like someone to contact you, please add your email or phone number here. (optional)
PART 11: COMMUNITY THREAT REPORTING
CATAPULT makes available a Community Threat Reporting tool that customer institution/agency (i.e., schools and/or school districts) may elect to place on their website for the purposes of reporting school-related threats such as disruptive or suspicious behavior. Information collected via the reporting mechanism including Incident Type, Incident Location, Incident Details, Incident Photo (optional), Name (optional), Phone (optional), and Email (optional) are used solely for the purpose of providing the Service as describe herein.
PART 12: CONTACT US
Attn: Privacy Director
2 Governors Lane, Suite B, Chico, CA 95926